ATX Community

8283 Questions

jmallard

Hi everyone,

I don't use these forms very often and would like opinions as to whether or not I'm doing them correctly.

Attached images to hopefully convey what I'm trying to do.

Have a client in Missouri who gave two commercial lawn mowers with all accessories to a church - they were only 7 months old and client has purchase receipts.

Below is the 8283 for this client - do I have to have the client get an appraiser's signature on the form ? The church supplied the letters depicted below the 8283.

8283_DS_01_1.jpg

8283_DS_01_2.jpg

8283_DS_01_3.jpg

Letters supplied by the church

DS_01.JPG

DS_02.jpg

Should the above forms be submitted with a Form 8453 with the "Form 8283" box checked ?

Another client donated a car to a High School Auto Center. Below is the 8283 I intend to file for this client.

8283_CF.jpg

Supporting documents for this donation:

CF_01.JPG

CF_02.JPG

CF_03.JPG

CF_04.JPG

Again, I propose to submit the documents in lieu of an appraiser's signature with the Form 8453 with the "Form 8283" box checked.

Does anyone think this would be acceptable to the IRS ?

Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

Jerry

I don't know about anyone else but I can't read anything you scaned onto the page

The forum software automatically shrinks the form size.

There is a black line at the top of each form - click on this - it will give a larger display. :read:

Thanks for responding.

Jerry

I filed almost the exact paperwork for a car donation two years ago. The internet blue book and paper work from a local high school and no problems. As far as the lawn mower etc., would there not be some depreciation from the receipts due to having the equipment for 7 months? Or, was this already taken into account and I missed it? I would think the docs from the church and copies of receipts would be more than sufficient.

JRS,

Thanks for the reply. I'm glad to know that I was on the right track.

Yes, the amount taken for the mowers was lower than original cost, but not an actual depreciation amount. Perhaps I'll go back and do that before I submit.

At any rate, thanks again.

Jerry