ATX Community

fed Id #

Donny

I looked around on the IRS website - only thing I could find was:

Misplaced Your EIN?

If you previously applied for and received an EIN for your business, but have since misplaced it, try any or all of the following actions to locate the number:

* Find the computer-generated notice that was issued by the IRS when you applied for your EIN. This notice is issued as a confirmation of your application for, and receipt of an EIN.

* If you used your EIN to open a bank account, or apply for any type of state or local license, you should contact the bank or agency to secure your EIN.

* Ask the IRS to search for your EIN by calling the Business & Specialty Tax Line at (800) 829-4933. The hours of operation are 7:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. local time, Monday through Friday. An assistor will ask you for identifying information and provide the number to you over the telephone, as long as you are authorized to receive it. If you are not a person authorized to receive this information, a confirmation letter can be mailed to the taxpayer at the address of record.

Hope this helps.

Jerry

Why not call the employer & ask?

If their W-2 forms are that difficult to read, I 'd imagine they are already getting calls about it and probably have the FEI# info handy for the receptionist to give out. Also, if you prefer to do it on your own, many states require the FEI# tobe listed on the corp annual reports that can be accessed on their Sec of State web site.