ATX Community

1099's still in validated status

cientax

I efiled 1099's for two clients about two weeks ago and still in validated status. Does anyone know why it would take so long to accept?

Best to call and ask (I've found that calling first thing any morning _except_ Monday goes through pretty quick). I had one client whose return was in "validated" for days... called, turns out the Federal got munged (by their system!!) in transmission and rejected, and again _their system_ couldn't get it straight to send me a "reject". They had me synchronize (I _hate_ that, I have to go back and re-mark everyone who is completed!!) - still didn't update. Ended up having to _duplicate_ the _entire return_, re-create the e-files, and submit that way because they couldn't clear the logjam at their end, and having my e-files in "validated" status meant I can't re-create e-files from the return itself.

Those two re-submitted files are now in "validated" status (resubmitted late Friday) - and if I don't get something solid (like clear acceptance or even rejection), I'll be back all over them like a bad suit - again.

The e-file system is absolutely _atrocious_ this year. It would be nice to see if other CCH products are having problems - that would point to a root cause of the last-minute tax law changes usurping programmer time, and not a "we're trying to get rid of ATX by making it horrible" tactic.

Catherine