ATX Community

E-file won't create because of Sch SE

jklcpa

Got a red warning when trying to create 1040 efile. Efile won't create because TP has ptnship K-1 with SE income & sec 179 deduction. ATX populates a Sch SE worksheet with these 2 #s then carries it to Sch SE line 2.

The warning said these entries could cause the IRS to recalc the SE tax differently & must paper file this return. It efiled fine LY. I can't believe that this return needs paper filing. This is just not all that uncommon.

Should I just put in an override on SE line 2 and dump the entries on the worksheet?

Edited to add: I just looked at the return again & that worksheet for the SE looks like it's duplicated. The worksheet appears twice on the page. It's really weird. I think ATX update did something that's creating this error. I checked an older return completed on 3/20 & that worksheet appears only once. Very strange. I just love these late updates when they cause problems. This return is ready to go & now I can't deliver.

Got a red warning when trying to create 1040 efile. Efile won't create because TP has ptnship K-1 with SE income & sec 179 deduction. ATX populates a Sch SE worksheet with these 2 #s then carries it to Sch SE line 2.

The warning said these entries could cause the IRS to recalc the SE tax differently & must paper file this return. It efiled fine LY. I can't believe that this return needs paper filing. This is just not all that uncommon.

Should I just put in an override on SE line 2 and dump the entries on the worksheet?

Edited to add: I just looked at the return again & that worksheet for the SE looks like it's duplicated. The worksheet appears twice on the page. It's really weird. I think ATX update did something that's creating this error. I checked an older return completed on 3/20 & that worksheet appears only once. Very strange. I just love these late updates when they cause problems. This return is ready to go & now I can't deliver.

I just opened the SE and noticed the top half is a worksheet. The bottom half is the statement. Why? No idea.

I know. I just sent a couple of emails to ATX. Lotta good that's going to do. I wonder if they even read the emails. I have returns that were promised for tonight that are affected. This is the kind of crap that just shouldn't happen, especially with less than 2 weeks to go. I am just so mad right now ....

This is the kind of crap that just shouldn't happen, especially with less than 2 weeks to go. I am just so mad right now ....

For people who prepare TN FAE returns, the extension request enters $90 as the amount to pay with extension request. The minimum fee is $100, so be aware that you have to override that. ATX corrected this one year, but apparently we're back to the old programming. I will have to say that I love the clergy worksheets, so I guess you win some and you lose some...

I've calmed down a bit since yesterday. ATX KB says that IRS computer excludes these returns with sec 179 from e-filing because the IRS computer will reconstruct the income subj to SE tax. That may result in TP getting notice for bal owed, so they aren't allowing e-file of these.

I e-filed these same returns with 179 LY with no problem & no notices.