ATX Community

Free filing of Form 7004?

Margaret CPA in OH

I cannot find how or if it is possible to electronically file Form 7004 without using paid software.  I declined to continue with an S-Corp business for a variety of reasons but offered to prepare 7004 to allow more time to file while the business finds another professional.  However, I now have only 1040 prep and do not want to pay the $30 or so for each of the companies involved just for an extension.  All I can find on IRS.gov is using the MeF system through an authorized e-filer.  So must I, as in the olden days, print out and mail paper forms?  I can certainly do that but it seems a bit silly in this electronic era when individuals can do this for free. 

Thanks, Lion, but I don't quite get the next step. I have (in 2003) 'have already registered and applied as an e-file Provider,' but have no idea what my login and password is/was as I have always used it only through ATX.  I am trying the Forgot Username but am a bit concerned that, if I have to reregister, it will take an inordinate amount of time.  Thanks for the link.  It was one I had not found.

Okay, the password reminder came back and it goes to e-services which wasn't clear to me.  I had an issue with e-services in January with the wrong image, right phrase.  I thought it was cleared up (you know, hours on the phone) and actually updated my password.  Now, however, I cannot get in and the image is still wrong and, "Sorry, due to high call volume..."

I think I will just print out the forms and mail although this weather is not conducive to mail pick up or delivery.  Single digits, snow and ice and more on the way.  Hope you all are warm and safe!

I can't get into eServices, either. When they redid it years ago, they decided that my cell phone that I've had since the early 90s or earlier is NOT in my name. AT&T tells me it's in my name; my name is on the bill, also. IRS claims that AT&T told them it is NOT in my name. They will not snail mail me a code, because "there is something in your account that prevents..." I cannot use eServices, sign up for an IP PIN even though my SSN was used to file a federal income tax return a few years back (yes, I mailed in Form 14039), use MyAccount or GetMyPayment or any of the online services because of "something in your account..." They'll stop me from e-filing next.

• Like 1