ATX Community

Extensions still in 'Validated' stage

Diane

Have extensions efiled 2 days ago. Still in 'Validated by EFC' stage. I'm hoping I'm not the only one.

Diane

I went to bed and got up at 3:30 EST figuring most of even the west coast had stopped trying to get through by then. It went back through and I finally received ACK's on extensions with about 170k worth of direct debit requests for the 14th.

I transmitted them very early Friday morning. With the inability to get through and problems with ACK's coming back, shortly after noon Friday I decided to switch another batch I had left owing about 70k to paper filing with checks and vouchers via certified mail.

The same people it took me 3 years to convince of the reliability and convenience of e-filing with direct deposit or debit.

I sent all the Monday direct debits paper copies of the extensions and asked them to please check early Tuesday to make sure the payment went out, and use the paper version to make the payment via certified mail if it did not. Of course, this really impressed them. It will be a miracle if I do not lose several clients with substantial tax returns over this.

These Bozo's have taken about 10 years off my life. I would not use them for 2008 if they gave me the software for free.

Early this morning I finally got my extensions accepted. I'm with you on the 'years off my life' thing. I only do around 125 returns, but this anxiety over the efile this season has been nerve racking. I've also had a couple of returns ready for paper file just in case.

Diane