ATX Community

Form 1116 Sch B and Form 8801 Credit for Prior Year Minimum Tax

Gail in Virginia

I have a farm return that has these schedules, and ProSeries does not have approval on the forms yet.  Is anyone using a software that has these forms ready for filing?  Does your software allow pay per return purchase so that I can get this return done by March 1?  If he had a loss I wouldn't worry, but he sold out this year and owes about $200,000 between federal and state so I have to find a way to get this filed by March 1. 

It appears that Drake has both the 1116 Sch B and 8801. I added them to an existing return and they are showing up without watermarks or any holds on e-filing.  Drake does offer a PPR option at a base price of $345 that includes the first 10 returns.

Are there any other forms or schedules in the return that may cause a delay? If you list those, perhaps I or another user can check those too, or a Drake sales rep should be able to help with that also. 

Thank you.  Those seem to be the only forms, and only because they have carry forwards from previous years, I think.  If this is the only one that will be a problem, and if the minimum charge is $345, it might be better to file and pay the extra $400 in tax caused by these forms not being ready and then amend the return when the forms become available.