ATX Community

ISO reference

Julie

I'm now in my new office, but a far cry from being unpacked. My husband is still getting the last few boxes from the old location. I did get the computers set up today, though, and one of the printers.

Anyway, I have a client (complaining loudly that I haven't finished his tax return yet) with stock options, and all my reference books are still packed somewhere in this mountain. I have a really good book on the subject, but.....Anyone know of a good quick online guide so I don't get too confused here? Looks like the relevant ones are both ISOs.

Thanks!

Thanks, KC. Just got one of the bookcases set up, so I can start looking through boxes tonight....just as soon as I finish mailing my new address to all my clients. I think I can get the rest of those out in another hour.

Expecting clients to be patient is apparently a bit unreasonable. :)

Hope you and your husband are doing better. I haven't said anything, but have been thinking about you.

http://bigcharts.marketwatch.com/ is usually the first one I go to, Julie.

I eventually found the book I needed last night....other than final checking, I think it's done. I wanted to make sure of the holding periods for ISOs....this one is disqualified.

Had to empty a half-dozen boxes of books to find it, but most of them are on shelves now.

What questions do you have? I've got the quickfinders right here and pretty much know options backwards and forwards anyways. Or give me a call: 802-0225

Boy I took a quick look at the fairmark link. Good Stuff!!

I agree about the fairmark link. I spent a fair amount of time looking at it, and added it to my bookmarks.

I only have a few (Bay Area) clients with options, so I don't get everything memorized.

What questions do you have? I've got the quickfinders right here and pretty much know options backwards and forwards anyways. Or give me a call: 802-0225

Boy I took a quick look at the fairmark link. Good Stuff!!

The bulk of our January through March audits at TR are due to options, so I get a lot of experience. The early ones are the options not being reported at all or with the wrong sell price. Later on in the year (around september) we start getting the withholding mismatches...where the tps add the w/h on the exercise of option sheets to the w/h on the w-2. So anyone working notices at TR gets to know options very well!