ATX Community

Software Evaluation

carolynm

I was just wondering has anyone trialed Taxworks? I received a demo last week and think it might be a suitable ATX alternative. I also see NTSlink.com is a reseller of Taxworks and their price looks like it just about matches ATx pricing.

Has anyone dealt with support for Taxworks? NTS?

My biggest pet peeve with ATX was support. Love the program (except for some idiosyncrasies I have with it) , but support sucks.

I'd love to hear what others have to say about Taxworks, any problem areas etc. I do a real variety of returns and returns in about 35 states. It's important to me that states are done well.

I think I've narrowed the software field to TRX1040-tw (TRX's offering of Taxwise) and Taxworks (or NTS's version)

Thanks

Carolyn

Isn't TaxWorks the one that HRB bought a year ago? Heard from some Blockheads that did NOT like it for their entity returns. I think Dennis (DTS) on The Tax Book board uses it; but he's shopping for new software now. Don't buy it too soon without getting some feedback from users.

Seems to me the biggest thing is that it costs a lot more than ATX, Their TaxWorks Combo A (Includes 1040, All States & TaxPlanner) costs $1,695 for a new user, and the 'List Price' is $2,095. Heck that has NO business returns, and yet costs as much at the special 'New User' rate as ATX Total Tax Office????

Sorry, it would have to be a LOT better program to attract me at that price. The package that is comparable to ATX TTO costs $2,195 for the New User rate, and the regular List price is $3,195 which is almost double what I renewed ATX TTO for.

Actually their pricing is more competitive than that. I called today:

Their new user package is $1695 and includes business entities, 1040's , all states and unlimited efiling.

Through NTSVision (a reseller) the same package is $1050 - isn't that just about what MAX is?

Well, I got those prices directly from their website, Carolyn. Including the description of what it included. I think you better check again. I could not find anything on that reseller, when I goggled it. Do you have a link?

http://www.ntslink.com

Doing pretty much the same thing that TRX is doing for both Orrtax $($299.00) and Taxwise ($699.00)and seriously discounting the software. Doesn't seem to be anyone doing that with ATX though.

Taxworks = HR Block

Taxwise = CCH.

I've heard the same as an earlier post. The HRB folks that were using ATX at their premium offices (1120,1120s, 1041

etc). Hated the switch to Taxworks this year. But I suppose we all hate to deal with change.

Still, ATX Max is the best deal for the money. IMHO>

P.S.