ATX Community

ATX Questionnaire Users

Margaret CPA in OH

Hi, I use the questionnaire in the comprehensive organizer to help clients, well, organize.  I really appreciate it when they actually check the Y or N boxes. Now, however, with the Verifyle portal, it would be much easier if they could simply check those boxes online or on their computer/phone and reload rather than printing it out.  I cannot figure out how to make those boxes 'checkable' though.  One client did it and I asked how but he never repliee - trade secret, I guess.  Any ideas?  I used to have desktop Adobe Pro but no longer and refuse to pay monthly service fees as I could never get the value out of the software.

Thanks for any help or advice!

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/3/2022 at 12:28 PM, GLGACCT said:

Inside ATX, you print the Questionnaire to a pdf file.   Open the file you just created in Kofax.  At the top of the screen go to Forms.  Select Form Typer (this converts to a fillable pdf).  Save it, then upload or email it.

So I have finally downloaded the software and followed the instructions - thanks!  I never would have figured that out.  I tried it out by uploading to Verifyle and see that only the boxes under 2 under Return preparation and filing allow a checkmark, that is, a little hand with pointer finger appears.  With all the other boxes, one has to click on the box and type in an X or something.  Is there a way to make all the boxes like the ones with the finger and checkmark?

Thanks so much for your help!

Is there a way to make all the boxes like the ones with the finger and checkmark?

This is what Abby was referring to:

Sadly, however, those ATX Y/N check boxes are not square, so Kofax interprets them as a text field instead of a check box. I asked ATX to make them squares, but that will never happen. So clients have to Tab between the boxes and type an x.

However, it can be done but will take some effort and may not be worth the time involved, because Kofax interprets those fields as a text field, those fields need to be deleted including the boxes themselves (otherwise you have a check box within a box).  Then the check boxes or radio buttons will need to be inserted for each line and formatted for appearance. 

There may be other ways, but again may not be worth the time involved when you can mouse over the existing box and place an x.

• Thanks 1