ATX Community

CHATGPT

Lee B

Have any of you been following the news about CHATGPT?

"Researchers have learned that people can use the new ChatGPT AI to automatically generate new forms of malware, including polymorphic software that is capable of changing its own code on the fly to meet novel challenges."

The article goes on to say that the created malware is totally capable of evading any detection available!

As George H W Bush was fond of saying, "Now we are in really deep doo doo!"

• Angry 2

I tried it to see what it generates with a personalized question. It was incorrect, I absolutely disavow having created a certain well known software which FTX is said to have used :).

One thing for sure, it de personalized, even more if possible, anything you randomly read on the internet.  There are folks already showing how to use AI to generate blog and other similar posts..... for SEO purposes.  What is old is new again (stuffing the web with info to get clicks.)  This time, it is a tool with regurgitates what it has already found online, and tries to reword it.  I help found a software company, but not the one the AI says I did...

There are tax people online showing how to use prompts to create elaborate situations, maybe a response to a tax question that then formats itself for something else, such as searching your client base, and then emailing per a specific rubric. Formulae. Complex. So, I can definitely see this saving scammers time!

I did go to the ChatGBT and asked it to write a letter saying I'm increasing tax preparation prices 10%. In seconds it gave me an amazing letter. I asked it to refine it to say 10% over 2021 returns for same items; and it explained there'd be additional fees for new issues due to clients' changing situations or new tax laws. Then I had it be more non-negotiable, which it did. The only thing I added myself was for clients leaving to remember to give their new preparer their prior year tax returns.

I then asked it for a short, sweet letter to fire clients. (I was having trouble keeping it short.) The two-sentence statement it created is exactly what I wanted.

I don't think I'd pay for it, but while it's free I might use it again.

• Like 2