ATX Community

Paid Preparer Date

Patrick Michael

After printing a return I always right click on the main forms and "verify all entries". Before I file, I go to view mode and make sure the green checkmark is still there to ensure nothing was inadvertently changed. Only issue is that the Paid Preparer Date always changes to today's date so I have to go in and verify it again. Date does not change after the return e-filed. Anybody know of a way to stop that date from changing?

Hmm, that doesn't happen on returns I've prepared, but I'm not sure which of the settings helps with that.

Here's how I have mine set up, if it helps:  In the program's main setup menu on the tab for "Optional Items on Return" I have a checkmark to always print the date on the return, but I keep the box unchecked for printing the date next to client signatures so that the date line on the 8879 and state e-file forms is blank in case there is a delay in the client picking up.

Then, in each return's input:

• on the PIN screen I entered the date that I print/assemble/sign the return as preparer,
  • on the ADMN screen (found on the Miscellaneous tab) I enter the date complete that is the date I'm printing the return as pdf and saved to the document manager. This is in case a program update causes a change and I always have the pdf as an archive, and 
  • on the PRNT screen (also on the Misc tab) I enter the date I print the return as the date to appear on the return.
  • Like 1