ATX Community

changing computers with TRX

cathyan

I just wanted to let people know the only problem I've had with TRX. My computer died last month and I had to get a new one. I installed TRX on it and went to work on an extension. I had to call customer support to activate it on the new machine. They told me the license was only good from May 2007 to May 2008, and in order to reactivate I would have to purchase next years program. I ended up having a bit of a discussion with a supervisor, telling her if I didn't have to get a new computer, I would still be able to use it on my old machine, and I'm one who doesn't typically decide what program I'm going to use until Nov./Dec. I did finally manage to convince her to activate it, but this is a heads up on, like I said, the only real problem I've had with TRX.

I just wanted to let people know the only problem I've had with TRX. My computer died last month and I had to get a new one. I installed TRX on it and went to work on an extension. I had to call customer support to activate it on the new machine. They told me the license was only good from May 2007 to May 2008, and in order to reactivate I would have to purchase next years program. I ended up having a bit of a discussion with a supervisor, telling her if I didn't have to get a new computer, I would still be able to use it on my old machine, and I'm one who doesn't typically decide what program I'm going to use until Nov./Dec. I did finally manage to convince her to activate it, but this is a heads up on, like I said, the only real problem I've had with TRX.

Cathy:

This does not sound good. At least they went ahead and activated the new computer for you. I fail to see the need for the company to have to activate a program that one has already purchased. The CD's should be self supporting. You should not have to rely on the company to activate a program that you had purchased already. This is definity a change they should make.

The same is true for installation of the parts of the program. Why should the company have to activate each part for you.

I just wanted to let people know the only problem I've had with TRX. My computer died last month and I had to get a new one. I installed TRX on it and went to work on an extension. I had to call customer support to activate it on the new machine.

Were you trying to prepare a return on the new machine or e-file from it? I have had no problem installing TRX on both my desktop and laptop, but can e-file only from the desktop (the one I registered with the filing center.)

I got the new computer in June and installed the program. I could not open it to do anything. I got a message saying (something like) If you have installed TRX on another computer, please contact customer support to continue. I didn't even bring up the point that the 2008 program won't even be close to ready before late December, so what's the point of a May-May license?