ATX Community

If you're going to be in Sacramento

Julie

We're having our "grand" opening tomorrow, for my new(ly moved) tax office and our new art gallery. Anyone in or near Sacramento is welcome to come by and say hi. I know I'll be here from about noon till 11pm, although after six we're making it more of an art gallery reception (meaning there will be food). Anyway, directions are at www.your-taxes.com and www.gallery14.net

It went very nicely. Not perfect. About 25 people showed up. No sales, but some nibbles who may yet come back to buy. And some people we were counting on didn't make it, and we still need to drag them in here. And Walt kept disappearing...five minute errands somehow turned into hours.

But all in all, it was a good first day. This is gonna work out. I am very, very tired.

Wish I could be there for you Julie, but I'll say a prayer for you. Hope you have a wonderful day.

I'm so glad you came, Joan.

Where he was...he went to visit our doggie Sassy with the sitter. Why? Perhaps because he has no sense of time. There's a reason I do all the "hard" stuff, and leave him the "fun" part. (I always knew he was a genius...the challenge is keeping him on track.)

Anyway, this turned out to be a really nice event, and as we get it polished, I'm sure we'll learn how to turn out a crowd. I'm still working on that video slideshow...whenever I'm not on the phone with clients or the IRS.

yea, just what was he doing when he went out for those cream puffs? Walt does nice stuff....one I was particularly drawn to...not sure if it would fit in the office but would go with the decor!

really nice to finally meet you!