ATX Community

OH return accepted with (bizarre) messages

Margaret CPA in OH

But no real message.  When I looked at the return, the Rejection Error was Ohio OH-SD100-010 with the verbiage The following school district returns were attached to this transmission.  In other words... Fields commonly associated with this error   1 (in a red box)

Well, of course I included a school district return and the forms filed shows it was, in fact, included.  Why is this an error?  And what does the field 1 mean?  And what, if anything, to do about it?

Thanks, it is always in all upper case.  That's been my default since 1996.  This is a school district return and the Ohio return was accepted.  They are supposed to get a $34 refund not owe so I will pursue next week.  Just a bit annoying, never happened before and I've had lots of school district returns.  Always something...

Thanks, now go enjoy the evening!

That is bizarre. I googled and found an older pdf for years 2018-2020 with lots of the OH errors, and that one said only "the following school district returns were attached to this transmission" and a column with the following "severity" codes of R, S, and A (reject, stop, or alert).

It's on page 19 of this link (should hopefully bring up the pdf): https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjTjfiSkrr_AhUyjokEHXwCDJ0QFnoECB0QAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Ftax.ohio.gov%2Fstatic%2Fohio_individual%2FIndividual%20Income%20MeF%202020%20Error%20Codes%20-%20Public%20Copy.pdf&usg=AOvVaw3z4ihqB2Nx3t2SqkThnJZY

Thanks, Judy.  The message apparently is just as you noted, the return was attached and we are alerting you.  Well, duh!  It is exactly what I expected to happen and the tab with forms e-filed show it attached.  I guess it is just some strange confirmation that the program did what was expected.  I've e-filed some hundred plus SD returns (attached with the OH return) and have never before seen this message.  I guess I will not worry until/unless the client comes to me with an issue.

Where did you find this list of codes?  I guess Mr. Google knows all but I honestly didn't think to try that.

Thanks for your help!

Ah, Mr. Google does know almost all. Judy has the gift of the proper wording or using the right key strokes in the search box. She's found stuff for me in the past that I searched for hours trying to find. She's either got that Midas touch or I'm too dumb to ask exactly what I'm searching for☺️

• Like 3
  • Haha 1