ATX Community

ERC

michaelmars

"But, I, like many, get bombarded with emails, sms, and phone calls offering to get me free money because of ERC." 

Boy if that isn't the truth. The one that called today told me they knew that because I had employees I was no doubt eligible for the credit and hadn't filed for it yet. Really!!! I don't have any employees so I strongly told them as an EA If they called me one more time, I would turn them into the IRS for grossly misrepresenting the ERC and their unmitigated attempts to defraud people just to get money. Naturally, they hung up. This is getting about as bad as the old IRS scams to threaten to arrest and throw you in jail if you didn't pay. I need to find a device that has a BS monitor to block all these calls, emails, and sms. 

The OIC junk is just as bad too. We have a local guy here that advertises on the radio that he is the only one who can solve your tax problems. Stating the IRS is ramping up investigations due to the hiring of 86,000 new agents which is why you need him who is a CPA, EA and who knows what else. Reminds me of the Ronnie Deutch debacle. Ya know, just work hard with a high level of integrity is all you need to succeed.  

Still amazes me at the lack of uproar over the after the fact cancel of the last Q of ERC. Taken away to help “fund” the infrastructure act IIRC. Then again, I suspect those who took advantage of ERC were happy to get what they did. The rest, such as those who the ERC companies are after, had no idea there was something and part was taken away.