ATX Community

ATX & MAC

taxbrewster

I am wondering if anyone has tried using a mac (running windows) with ATX....comments and concerns are welcome.

That is how I run my ATX, I have had no problems what so ever. I run different versions of QuickBooks, Office, Outlook etc.. and everything works the same as a PC. Now if I could go back, I would just buy a PC, I invested too much time setting it up, unfortunetly there isn't any tech support from Apple for the setup and the instructions from bootcamp are not very helpful. And you don't want to ask a Mac user about installing windows on a Mac, they don't take this very litely and will tell you to buy a PC instead of a Mac, why would you want to ruin a Mac? :-) Let me know if you need help setting it up, I have my notes somewhere. FYI you need XP with SP2 or Vista for bootcamp, I don't know what are the requirement for virtual PC and the others.

There's nothing special about Apple hardware, except that it's pretty. My personal feeling is that if you want to use the OS X operating system, buy a Mac. If you don't, you're probably better off saving some money and buying a PC... unless the aesthetic style of the Mac hardware is worth the price difference to you.

Also, there are a bunch of different software packages for Windows emulation on a Mac. My personal favorite is Parallels.

This video demonstrates Coherence Mode, which is a great feature:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rN9jNNeEd98

I haven't got any sound on this computer, so I apologize in advance if this video features obnoxious music instead of useful narration.