ATX Community

On a lighter note....

Catherine

from one of my other newsgroups, something sent to a participant by one of his clients....

REVISED MEANING OF STOCK TERMS:

CEO --Chief Embezzlement Officer.

CFO-- Corporate Fraud Officer.

BULL MARKET -- A random market movement causing an investor to mistake

himself for a financial genius.

BEAR MARKET -- A 6 to 18 month period when the kids get no allowance, the wife gets no jewelry

VALUE INVESTING -- The art of buying low and selling lower.

P/E RATIO --The percentage of investors wetting their pants as the market keeps crashing.

BROKER -- What my broker has made me.

STANDARD & POOR --Your life in a nutshell.

FINANCIAL PLANNER -- A person whose phone has been disconnected.

MARKET CORRECTION -- The day after you buy stocks.

CASH FLOW-- The movement your money makes as it disappears down the toilet.

WINDOWS -- What you jump out of when you're the sucker who bought Yahoo @ $240 per share.

INSTITUTIONAL INVESTOR --Past week investor who's now locked up in a nuthouse.

PROFIT An archaic word no longer in use.

How funny! "Standard and poor" really cracked me up!

Seriously though, how many people have asked you if they should withdraw their 401(k)? I just remind them that they purchased the shares they have for way more than those shares are selling for now. Looks to me like stocks are on sale...

I have some savings bonds that my Dad bought for me years ago @ 4%. What do you all think about cashing them and investing in the market now (or last Friday)? My crystal ball is in the shop. If we only knew...

How funny! "Standard and poor" really cracked me up!

Seriously though, how many people have asked you if they should withdraw their 401(k)? I just remind them that they purchased the shares they have for way more than those shares are selling for now. Looks to me like stocks are on sale...

I have some savings bonds that my Dad bought for me years ago @ 4%. What do you all think about cashing them and investing in the market now (or last Friday)? My crystal ball is in the shop. If we only knew...

I've been telling folks that (a) any money you need within 5 years shouldn't be in the stock market EVER, (b ) any money you don't need within five years can afford to wait it out, and (c ) if the whole economy collapses we'll all be working until the day we keel over anyway. So if it's there, let it ride. If you want to buy at liquidation prices, time to go shopping (carefully). And assuming we do eventually pull out of this hole, they'll be glad to have stuck with it. And if we don't, they won't be able to afford to care....

All of this is preceded by my disclosure that I am _not_ a stock broker, financial planner, or investment advisor.

Catherine