ATX Community

Does ATX link family tax returns to form 8615?

David

That's one of the reasons I bought ProSystem fx. It's absolutely amazing with kiddie tax no matter how many siblings! And, when you do a partnership or S-corporation return and also one or more of the partners/shareholders. And, multiple states. I love it. When I was at Block, I'd complete the parents' return and wait until everyone went home; then I'd open kid1 on one computer and kid2 on another and kid3 and so on and go around in circles (literally as well as figuratively) until all the returns had all the information. Much too easy to screw up. Now I don't have multiple computers, but I do have Profx. I just point and click and done!

Nearly $5,000 with entity licenses and a few goodies. I know, I wasn't going to spend that much. But, I was considering hiring an assistant who would've cost me $5,000. I was sold when I called tech support about loading the demo to try out; the techie said he'd be glad to show me around the program and spent nearly THREE hours on the phone with me taking me through an S-corp, showing me everything on every menu, etc. Being on my own for the first time, tech support was VERY high on my priority list. I bought as the season began, so had no chance to get up to speed; tech support has been outstanding at helping me up the learning curve. One time they had a tech support person AND a tax support person on the phone with me at the same time. I'm still blown away at how easy kiddie tax and K-1s and multiple states are. ProSystem fx is worth every penny. I get more returns prepared. I'm more confident in my accuracy. And, I get more sleep. I renewed immediately.