ATX Community

Georgia help please

WITAXLADY

I see in 2021 - there was a credit if you filed both 2020 and 2021 Ga returns - What line does that go on? I cannot seem to find that in the instructions or on the tax return - I have 1 client..

He filed 9/12 and if I have 1 year to amend Ga - I need to do asap.

thx

D/WI

Edited by WITAXLADY
spelling

A quick google search took me to GA Dept of Revenue's page here: https://dor.georgia.gov/2020-hb-1302-tax-refund-faqs where the information you seek is covered in the FAQ.  The state was supposed to issue it as a refund if applicable. No line exists on the return.

House Bill 1302 was signed into law by Governor Kemp on March 23, 2022, so some taxpayers may have already filed their 2021 returns.  The Department of Revenue will attempt to include the H.B. 1302 refund along with other refund amounts due.  For taxpayers whose 2021 returns have already been processed, the Department of Revenue will issue a separate refund beginning in May 2022. 

Note: The Department anticipates issuing substantially all the refunds by early August for returns filed by April 18, 2022. Due to the volume of refunds, it may take some time for all refunds to be processed, and your H.B. 1302 refund will not be issued until your 2021 tax return has been processed, which may delay your H.B. 1302 refund.  If your address has changed since you filed your 2021 return, you may update your address through the Georgia Tax Center (https://gtc.dor.ga.gov/) or by calling the Department at 1-877-423-6711. 

How will I receive my H.B. 1302 refund?

Generally, you will receive the refund in the form of a paper check mailed to the address you used on your 2021 return. If, however, you paid your 2021 tax liability by ACH credit, or you provided your banking information for a 2021 refund, you will receive your H.B. 1302 refund as a direct deposit.  All H.B. 1302 refunds will be sent directly to the taxpayers and not to tax preparers.

• Thanks 1