ATX Community

1116 Sch B

JackieCPA

Yes. ATX is a disaster for E-Filing Form 1116. They are putting the blame on the IRS. ATX programming has been a joke this year. I have a lot of returns requiring Form 1116 and I've been requesting updates from support. Same response - "We are waiting on the IRS". Tax season will be over before the issue is resolved. I'm filing my returns through Drake zero tax software in order to keep my clients. I requested a partial refund from my sales rep. and his attitude is less than customer friendly. I will not renew with ATX.

Because my return still won't efile.  I tried without deleting & re-installing (rejected).  So then I deleted the 1116 & reinstalled.  Still rejected. My form update report shows I have Version 115 which is supposed to correct the functionality so the return wouldn't reject for error code 004-003 but that is what is causing it to reject!

• Sad 1

What has worked for me (and it might just be dumb luck) is Tom's suggestion of going into the AMT Schedule B and making certain the right type of income is chosen for all the years there is a CF and making certain the amounts are entered.

I couldn't get one to flow through on a trust that didn't have a CF; only had current year, so I went into schedule B (which I should not have needed) and made the credit year 2023, and entered the data, and it worked.  A LOT of guesswork, rejects, and tinkering around for $70 divided among 6 beneficiaries :).

• Like 1

The amounts are showing and I entered the C/F properly.  There's only a c/f from last year.  I spoke with support today and they were sure what I did (downloaded all of the forms in the return again) would work.  But it was after closing time so he wanted to stop working and couldn't wait for the ack to come back anyways.  So I efiled the return.  It rejected.  🤬🤬 

I have a case with ATX and so far, what the tech has had me do doesn't work,  And then tonight, to top it off, I have 3 more returns that rejected due to not being the latest program version/form version.  But I can't remember how the tech showed me how to update all of the forms in the return.  Which didn't work for the 1116 error, but maybe it'll work with this one? 

8 hours ago, joanmcq said:

I have 3 more returns that rejected due to not being the latest program version/form version.  But I can't remember how the tech showed me how to update all of the forms in the return.  ... but maybe it'll work with this one? 

@joanmcqIf you are getting the code 38 reject, go over to the efile page and look at the solution there.   It worked for me.   I don't trust myself to tell you the steps but it was simple to follow.

Tom
Longview, TX

• Like 1

I solved this by opening the return, save it and recreate the efile. It went thru fine.

Error with 1116, I removed the form. saved it. added the form, create efile and went thru ok.

Hope this works for you too as my 8 returns were rejected and now went thru ok.

I sent 3 returns that rejected with the code 38 many times.  Did different things on each one with increasing amounts of customer service utilities/Refresh Application Configuration. Like the first one I had the return closed and did the Refresh App in the return manager.  The second I opened the return and did Refresh App. 

Two returns have an error message R0000-004-01; ReturnTypeCd and the return version of the Return must match the return type and the version supported by the Modernized e-file system. A later return I tried filing has error message 38, but that one says EfiledRules version is 23.18 and the minimum version is 23.25.

I then deleted all of the returns that I rolled over but hadn't started yet.  Rolled one over anew and filed the extension. It rejected.  The error message on the extension I filed states that my E-fileRules is version 18.15 and the current minimum version is 23.14. 

It seems like my program isn't updating?