ATX Community

DC, MD, VA & others who helped ITIN holders re: DC EIC for ITIN holders, please see my update on how to override to claim this credit!!!

Pacun

• 2 weeks later...

That's why everybody was got off guard. ATX didn't prepare the software. I believe they are working on an update as we chat. 

Other sanctuary states might follow suit next year or in the years to come.

• Like 1

I had two tickets opened with ATX. The best solution is to override. I don't like overriding but I hope efile likes it. 

I doubt anyone using ATX has given this juicy credit (70% of Federal EIC) to his/her clients. No warnings, no alerts, NOTHING from ATX when you have missed this credit. 

This is my work around. I save after I created the efile file for the federal return. Then I go to SS# and change the first 9 to a 7. Then I go to all EIC questions and forms and filled them out. That will calculate the EIC on the federal. Let's say that number is $6,000 for 2 children. I write down $6,000 in a piece of paper, change back the the first 7 on the ss# to a 9 and save the return. (It seems you have to prove that the person qualifies with all the IRS except SS# for the DC credit).  You go to DC D40 type a number on box 27a and override it to 2 (children). You go to line 27c and enter a number and then click override and then enter 6000. Then go to Line 27d enter a number to invoke the override command and type 4200. Save the return and business as usual. You have recover $4,200 to your client. 

• jklcpa changed the title to DC, MD, VA & others who helped ITIN holders re: DC EIC for ITIN holders, please see my update on how to override to claim this credit!!!