ATX Community

Problems with installation

RachelWV

I just installed my 2008 ATX software and all seemed to be going well. After the restart I got a message... "Incompatible files, need to update" so I hit the update button, go through the update process and think it's solved but then the next time I open the program it does the same thing. Also, when I tried to go to the E-File Manager I get another message..."message failed to load, Key: service enrollment prompt Error: Object variable or with block variable not set." Does anyone have any idea what might be going on. Been using ATX for many years and this is new to me. Thanks for any help, trying not to call support.

I just installed my 2008 ATX software and all seemed to be going well. After the restart I got a message... "Incompatible files, need to update" so I hit the update button, go through the update process and think it's solved but then the next time I open the program it does the same thing. Also, when I tried to go to the E-File Manager I get another message..."message failed to load, Key: service enrollment prompt Error: Object variable or with block variable not set." Does anyone have any idea what might be going on. Been using ATX for many years and this is new to me. Thanks for any help, trying not to call support.

I had the same problem in Dec. It is with NET Framework 2.0. You will need to call Customer Service and they can fix it by going inside your system and repairing the problem.

There's a knowledgebase article on this. Log on to ATX support, search the KB for "incompatible file".

I had the same problem initially too. The KB contained an easy fix to try and it worked for me. You basically have to uninstall ATX, extract the appropriate file from a directory by double clicking, then reinstall ATX.

The article also contained a second fix if the 1st one didn't solve the problem.

Good luck.

I had the same problem yesterday. The problem is with NET Framework 2.0. I called Customer Service and they gave me instructions to fix the problem.