ATX Community

tax organizer ?

Nothing came up in when I did a 'search'.

I tried doing a 'batch create' for the 2008 tax organizers. That was a mistake - froze the program. (In other programs I've used I would create about 10 at a time to avoid that problem.) So now I'm back to creating the tax organizers on a return-by-return basis. I see there's a 'batch print' for the tax organizers.

Questions:

1) is it wise to do several batch prints, of perhaps 10 organizers at a time, to avoid the program freezing?

2) with the batch print, will it print only to paper? Or will it also batch print to a .pdf file?

Many thanks,

Lynn Jacobs, EA

Kenner, LA

I can only answer your 1st question - Yes, print 10-20 at a time to avoid program from freezing. We actually had a client today who lost hundreds of W2's today from doing a batch print. Program froze, and when reopened, realized all the info was gone from all of them. Luckily, we found a way to restore all the info, but to avoid that happening to you please select so many at a time.

Our techs here are all seasoned vets of ATX and 1 has told me that when you batch print, it will only print to paper. If you want a PDF created, you will have to do that separately.

Unless you have a PDF writer installed as a printer.... that has worked for me. It might be worth a try with a trial batch of, say, two organizers. And see how it goes.

Catherine