ATX Community

I'm on HOLD for 45 Min

cadeethree

My software error said contact customer service so I am doing just that. Hold time so far, 45 Minutes. I stopped smoking 8 days ago but now wondering if that is possible given the frustration

Sharon in Milwaukee

still on hold

Remember Lloyd Bridges in "Airplane"? "Guess I picked the wrong week to stop smoking" (snorting cocaine) (sniffing glue) (etc). Just don't jump out the window!

Hang in there. Speakerphone or headset, radio in the background, and other clients' work can help make it more tolerable.

Catherine

HI THERE, I ALSO QUITE SMOKING THIS PAST SUMMER AND SO THIS IS THE FIRST TAX SEASON WITHOUT AND I ALSO GOT A MESSAGE LIKE YOURS. FORTUNATELY FOR ME I DIDNT HAVE TO WAIT WHEN I CALLED. POPCICLES HELP WITH THE FRUSTRATION FOR ME. I EAT TWO FROZEN JUICE POPCICLES AND THE URGE TO SMOKE IS USUALLY GONE WHEN IM DONE. GOOD LUCK, SUE

HI THERE, I ALSO QUITE SMOKING THIS PAST SUMMER AND SO THIS IS THE FIRST TAX SEASON WITHOUT AND I ALSO GOT A MESSAGE LIKE YOURS. FORTUNATELY FOR ME I DIDNT HAVE TO WAIT WHEN I CALLED. POPCICLES HELP WITH THE FRUSTRATION FOR ME. I EAT TWO FROZEN JUICE POPCICLES AND THE URGE TO SMOKE IS USUALLY GONE WHEN IM DONE. GOOD LUCK, SUE

I quit many years ago. The first day, I kept telling myself I would keep postponing my first cigarette hoping I could quit, but not too sure. I carried a pack of cigarettes. About 10:00 A.M. I was just about to light one when the guy I was working with asked me if I was trying to quit. (Usually I smoked one right after another). I said, "Yes," and to relieve the tension, I went out in the hall and bought a gum ball from the vending machine. I chewed gum so much that my jaws were tired, so I switched to Life Saver candy. After a couple of weeks, I had to go to Austin on a Sales Tax hearing and I didn't want to be eating candy while talking to the lawyers, so I quit the Life Savers. They were easier to quit than the cigarettes.

@taxxcpa - A lot of people I know have quit the same way. They picked up a Life Saver addiction and eventually kicked that habit as well.

I can't imagine being on hold for 9 hours (referring to "Technical Support" thread). Longest average wait time should only be around 1 1/2 - 2 hrs during the peak. Those hold times alone are bad enough and the provider should be looking at other avenues to provide support.

Come on, folks, for every tax software, this two weeks is always the worst for getting through, simply because so many are calling as they set up their software. No company can staff to cover that rush, any more than we can staff to cover our heaviest days, for those we just have to let them drop off or schedule a later appointment.

I do think that anyone who is on hold for more than two hours should assume there is a problem with the 'hold', and retry. I've never known it to take over two hours, ever, even the worst time. That's my 2¢ worth.

I dealt with a situation like that a month ago when calling Verizon Tech Support (located in India) with trouble setting up my high speed internet. Wait times were 20 minutes to get through and I got disconnected 2 separate times. After the 3rd call, I finally got a woman who I could semi understand and she squared me away after 5 minutes, whereas the previous two we had talked for over 30 minutes a piece to no avail before getting disconnected. Needless to say, I was not a happy camper and it made me empathize with what most of you go through. All of you deserve a pat on the back!