ATX Community

I love it when I win

BulldogTom

Phone rings - IRS Appeals office on the other end:

Appeals officer - "Thank you for the information we requested. We are accepting your documentation. There will be no change to the tax return."

BulldogTom - "When will we see this in writing?"

Appeals officer - "As soon as my Supervisor reviews and signs off. It should be in the mail by the end of the day."

BulldogTom (very dignified) - "Thank you very much, we will return the paperwork as soon as it arrives."

BulldogTom (after hanging up the phone) "I WIN I WIN I WIN I WIN I WIN I WIN I WIN - YAAAAAAAAAAAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" This continues for 5 minutes with much jumping up and down and dancing.

BulldogTom to client (very somber and worn out looking) - "It was a very difficult negotiation. The difficulty of the case is reflected in your invoice. We accept cash or check."

Client - "No problem, I will write the check right now."

BulldogTom (after client leaves) - "Its a beautiful day in the neighborhood, a beautiful day ..... " you get the idea.

Tom

Lodi, CA

Now send us our consulting fee. :)

No consulting on this one. It was really pretty simple. Kinda like beating up a 10 year old. You don't really want to brag, but hey, the IRS is big for 10 years old right?

Now, if I get the same result on the one that I asked Jainen for help on, I would consider sending him a bottle of Lodi's finest. Robert Mondovi Woodbridge Winery is just about 2 miles from my house. I think if Jainen enjoys the fruit of the vine, I could make that happen and send a bottle over the hill and to the coast.

To Jainen - I have succeeded in moving the audit to the local office and have prepared the 2006 amended return with all supporting documentation. Just waiting for the phone call to set up the meeting.

Tom

Lodi, CA

>>I would consider sending him a bottle<<

Really? I thought I beat you up pretty rough on that one. It got so bad even I admitted regrets and backed off. Still, congratulations and if your skill continues to play out a bottle would be more than welcome. Would you mind sending a jeroboam, please?

>>I would consider sending him a bottle<<

Really? I thought I beat you up pretty rough on that one. It got so bad even I admitted regrets and backed off. Still, congratulations and if your skill continues to play out a bottle would be more than welcome. Would you mind sending a jeroboam, please?

I told you that is what I was looking for. I wanted you to poke holes in my thought process so I could examine the weaknesses in my argument. If I wanted someone to agree with me, I would have talked it over with my 11 year old son. Now I know how I will proceed, and what to expect from the IRS in the process.

That is the hardest thing about working on your own, not being able to work through your issues with a colleage. When you spend too much time talking to yourself, you start believing you are as brilliant as you think you are.

Thanks again for all your help, and I will look for a jeroboam. But you could help me out by telling me what that is? It sounds like a Jewish King from the old testament.

Tom

Lodi, CA

Some of the appeals officers here in CA are really great to work with. My audit from hell swept through appeals with no problem "I see no problems with your workpapers, you tie all the income to the bank statements perfectly. (insinuating the audit agent's workpapers did not tie which they didn't) No change".