ATX Community

ATX - Taxwise

Diane

Just thought I'd tell what just happened to me with ATX versus Taxwise. I purchased TRX last spring just in case something happened to ATX. Then, as we all know, CCH bought it. We then were sent Taxwise for 2008. So, I decided to mess with Taxwise 'just in case'. I signed up, registered my EFIN, etc. I don't like Taxwise and will continue to use ATX as long as I can. But, when I tried to Transmit an efile from ATX I received an error message = 'my EFIN was not registered to my Client ID #'.

It took 2 days to get it straightened out. It seems that since I had registered my EFIN with Taxwise, it locked me out of using ATX because you can't use the same EFIN with 2 different software packages going through the same Efile Center. And ATX and Taxwise use the same Efile Center. Which means that if I wanted to use Taxwise I wouldn't be able to efile any returns. Tech support told me that my case was the only one they have encountered so far. Now, I'm going to call TRX and see if I can get my money back for the purchase of software that I can't use.

Diane

>>you can't use the same EFIN with 2 different software packages going through the same Efile Center<<

Interesting....

I called support to see what is going on with CA acks (they used to take hours, now it is a week). The young lady was very pleasant but an airhead. She did not know why the CA acks were taking this long. ATX policy is that acks are not late until they are 7 days late. As my return was only six days late, they could not call CA and find out what was wrong. But I could call back tomorrow. When I asked if ATX acks were being handled in the same manner as they were in the past, or if they were going through the Taxwise or CCH system, she assured me that they were the same as they were last year.

What a line of bull..........

This software company makes my blood boil with their BS sometimes.

Tom

Lodi, CA

I called TRX several times; was on hold. So, I hung up and emailed Karen from Sales. She called me back within an hour. Said she was aware of the Efile Center rules and that she was sorry I couldn't use Taxwise. She said since they will be selling ATX next year (because of the CCH dual ownership), she offered me a discount on my purchase of ATX Max for next year. I figured that would be a good deal since I will be using ATX again next year. Now that I'm a senior citizen, I keep wondering when I'll stop doing taxes. But each year I figure that since I've been doing taxes for 30 years it's kind of hard to just give it up. So a discount will work for me.

Diane

While we're on the subject of TRX I'm very curious as to how TRX truly operates. It's so hard to find information on them and most of what I did, I don't know how reliable it is. So, you pay a membership fee of ?? and get the software free? Or, do you pay the membership and get software at a discounted price? Do you get to choose the software you want? Can anybody help me out with this subject?

While we're on the subject of TRX I'm very curious as to how TRX truly operates. It's so hard to find information on them and most of what I did, I don't know how reliable it is. So, you pay a membership fee of ?? and get the software free? Or, do you pay the membership and get software at a discounted price? Do you get to choose the software you want? Can anybody help me out with this subject?

No membership fee, no secret handshakes, you just pay the money and get the software. I suppose that if you are into RALs and bank products there are signs and marketing materials like that, but I just see it as a less expensive way to buy the software. They rebrand TaxWise with their own opening screen, although the original screen is still on the disk. They have their own support staff and knowledge base, but there is nothing to prevent you from accessing the real TaxWise knowledge base if you wish.

Disclosure - I've used/taught TaxWise for several years as an AARP/TCE volunteer, and this is a relatively inexpensive way to use one software tool for both my volunteer and paid work.

I decided to use TRX this year instead of ATX because of the price. I wasn't sure what I was buying when I orderd TRX untill the CD arrived, YIKES!!! TaxWise... It really didn't hurt that much because I was already familiar with the program since I worked with it during my years with the IRS. The only problem I'm having now is that the returns stopped rolling over and I'm having to reenter ALL information. Talk about mistakes with SSN's and names not matching and rejects. Too busy to call support cause each time I call i'm on hold for two hours. I found out that email works better especially if you don't get a response, just email everyone on the staff multiple times, you'll get a response ANDsupport quickly.

I decided to use TRX this year instead of ATX because of the price. I wasn't sure what I was buying when I orderd TRX untill the CD arrived, YIKES!!! TaxWise... It really didn't hurt that much because I was already familiar with the program since I worked with it during my years with the IRS. The only problem I'm having now is that the returns stopped rolling over and I'm having to reenter ALL information. Talk about mistakes with SSN's and names not matching and rejects. Too busy to call support cause each time I call i'm on hold for two hours. I found out that email works better especially if you don't get a response, just email everyone on the staff multiple times, you'll get a response ANDsupport quickly.

I also purchased TRX and got TaxWise. I converted from ATX and have not found any errors yet.

Support recently has been excellent and only 10 to 15 min wait.

The one thing I like about TaxWise is the printing of forms there is no wait like in ATX.

Also multiple states works fine, I just did one with 3 states and no problems.

I still like ATX entry on forms better than TaxWise.

I also like the return manager in ATX. Taxwise is awful after using ATX for years.

Just thought I'd tell what just happened to me with ATX versus Taxwise. I purchased TRX last spring just in case something happened to ATX. Then, as we all know, CCH bought it. We then were sent Taxwise for 2008. So, I decided to mess with Taxwise 'just in case'. I signed up, registered my EFIN, etc. I don't like Taxwise and will continue to use ATX as long as I can. But, when I tried to Transmit an efile from ATX I received an error message = 'my EFIN was not registered to my Client ID #'.

It took 2 days to get it straightened out. It seems that since I had registered my EFIN with Taxwise, it locked me out of using ATX because you can't use the same EFIN with 2 different software packages going through the same Efile Center. And ATX and Taxwise use the same Efile Center. Which means that if I wanted to use Taxwise I wouldn't be able to efile any returns. Tech support told me that my case was the only one they have encountered so far. Now, I'm going to call TRX and see if I can get my money back for the purchase of software that I can't use.

Diane

Good luck with that. I also purchased TRX to try on some simple returns to see if I would like it. First my unlock code would not work after several tries ans several communications with customer service. Then I finally got into the program but couln't get into the state program. I asked for my money back but was told they have a 72 hour return policy. I did not have my software for a week and the it took several more days to get the unlock code which took me well beyond the 72 hours. I have wasted over $300 on something that is totally useless to me.

I also could not e-file from ATX until after contacting customer service.

I suppose I will stay with ATX but one thing for sure if I do switch to something else IT WILL NOT BE TRX