ATX Community

State client copy selected but doesn't print

HV Ken

you are full of it Ken, according to atx that is impossible <vbs> i tried to get them to address it many times last year and the year before. [before that it was never a problem] i get it mostly on business returns, individuals are fine.

i most have posted 10 times about the issue on the old board too.

i see you don't get the clients copy, i only don't get the filing copy-go figure

if you all have this problem how come Tom Perry, the printing ace at atx told me he never heard of ANYONE but me having the problem? when you all have these bugs do you just do work arounds or do you complain to atx. i've had them fix many bugs that ifind but not when they say its an isolated case. if you all complain too maybe they will look into it, at least for next year.

on another software i wrote in about a bug[suggestion to] they called me back 2 days later and said they got 20 or so comments like mine and are going to make it a priority. the more that complain, the faster things get fixed or added to the program.

if you all have this problem how come Tom Perry, the printing ace at atx told me he never heard of ANYONE but me having the problem? when you all have these bugs do you just do work arounds or do you complain to atx. i've had them fix many bugs that ifind but not when they say its an isolated case. if you all complain too maybe they will look into it, at least for next year.

on another software i wrote in about a bug[suggestion to] they called me back 2 days later and said they got 20 or so comments like mine and are going to make it a priority. the more that complain, the faster things get fixed or added to the program.

I will issue a bug report and file via the suggestion box.

@HV Ken - Tom, one of our technicians here, suggested duplicating the return that you are experiencing this printing trouble with. Once duplicated, try printing the return from that. Let me know if it'll print that way and I'll see if there is anything else we can do.

This has happened on several returns already this year. Thanks for the suggestion, but duplicating the return seems like a workaround - a simpler workaround is to merely open the Print Manager again and print the state client copy....

KEN-THERE IS an option in the preferences to leave the print window open after printing, its great for this because i don't have reselect the forms i want, just unselect the filing/client copies and reprint the state from accountant copy, only takes 2 clicks to get the right state forms.

also anyone else pissed off that when you print a federal to go with the state for corps you only get the tax forms and not the statements? makes that option stupid since the states want a complete fed return