ATX Community

E-FILING A 1065

Sherri

I had to ask the IRS to authorize me for e-filing a 1065. I have it done waiting for them to let me know I've been approved. I have finished the ladies taxes using her K1, can I e-file it, or do I have to wait to e-file the 1065 first.

Sounds like a stupid question, I know.

Sherri

I had to ask the IRS to authorize me for e-filing a 1065. I have it done waiting for them to let me know I've been approved. I have finished the ladies taxes using her K1, can I e-file it, or do I have to wait to e-file the 1065 first.

Sounds like a stupid question, I know.

Sherri

Do you have to wait for approval? I went online at the IRS e-services site and added several forms to the forms I would e-file. I rechecked and everything I had entered was apparently accepted by the IRS since it was on their web site. Maybe this only works if you make the entries online and not if you do it by mail.

Do you have to wait for approval? I went online at the IRS e-services site and added several forms to the forms I would e-file. I rechecked and everything I had entered was apparently accepted by the IRS since it was on their web site. Maybe this only works if you make the entries online and not if you do it by mail.

I did the same thing because last year all of my 1065s were rejected out of hand with that canned reject message. Since I had not updated my e-file info since 1983, I was only approved to efile 1040 returns. I also did it on IRS e-services.

And, yes, you can efile the return with the K1 now. Matching could be a long way off...

I completed a form 1041 today and my tax software indicated that I couldn't e-file it yet. I had not previously added 1041s to my forms to be e-filed, but added it today. If my software will allow it in the next few days, I'll try e-filing it; otherwise I will paper-file it. I was trying to speed it up since there is a refund to the Fiduciary and the widow is going to owe the IRS on her 1040.

Thanks all. I did go on e services and I thought I read that I would recieve something in the mail. Will go back and check again.

Thanks again,

Sherri

Were you already registered with e-services? If not, they will be sending your login and password. If you were already registered, you needed to go in and change your original application from whenever you were given your efin. You have to add 1065 and whatever forms you want to the form. Originally, we were only registered to file 1040s.

Were you already registered with e-services? If not, they will be sending your login and password. If you were already registered, you needed to go in and change your original application from whenever you were given your efin. You have to add 1065 and whatever forms you want to the form. Originally, we were only registered to file 1040s.

Yes, I'm already registered with e-services. I e-filed the 1120S and 1065 yesterday, and were accepted like within 15 min. Thanks for your help.

Yes, I'm already registered with e-services. I e-filed the 1120S and 1065 yesterday, and were accepted like within 15 min. Thanks for your help.

You are very welcome. I had to learn that one the hard way. Last year I got so frustrated that I ended up paper filing all of my 1065s because I couldn't figure out the rejection reason.