ATX Community

Recovery rebate credit Line 70

cred65

I have a TP MFJ with 1 child in 2007 and received $1500 stimulas payment. Also had another child in 2008. When I use the worksheet for line 70 the software computes $1800 based on 2 qualifying children. Is this correct or am I losing it?

You are not losing it.

They are getting $300 for the child born in 2008, cause you are doing what Ray said.

It's 71 degrees here, and I am in this office. I have no life.

You are not losing it.

They are getting $300 for the child born in 2008, cause you are doing what Ray said.

Thanks RC I feel better. It's 75 in Cinti, OH. I thought I was having a heat stroke>

You are not losing it.

It was up to about 60 degrees here.

Yes, you DO have a life. It's just a little teeny one that's hiding in a closet until 4/15 when it will be safe to come out and play.

Catherine

I guess I'm the one losing it. I read your original post wrong. I could have sworn you said it computed a $1500 credit. Obviously you didn't. So yes, that would be correct - and if you input the amount they have already received, then they would

get the $300 credit for the new child.

I'm done...I have got to get out of here. It's raining outside, but I don't care.