ATX Community

Client letter not printing instructions

Art

for Indiana, Kentucy and WV for non resident individual returns. The federal and IL (where most of my clients are) work fine. The letter omits the name of the state and says that there is neither a balance due nor refund when in fact a refund shows on the return. There are no error messages when I check the returns. Does anyone else have this problem? Tried tech support, but could not get thru to them.

for Indiana, Kentucy and WV for non resident individual returns. The federal and IL (where most of my clients are) work fine. The letter omits the name of the state and says that there is neither a balance due nor refund when in fact a refund shows on the return. There are no error messages when I check the returns. Does anyone else have this problem? Tried tech support, but could not get thru to them.

I have had this problem when I start with a resident (or non-resident, or part-year) return and then switch to the other. The letter is linked to the now-deleted form and so shows NOTHING.

What works for me is to delete the letter and then re-install it from the Forms menu with the return open. Then I get proper instructions.

Hope this helps.

Catherine

Thanks, that did the trick.

Art

I have had this problem when I start with a resident (or non-resident, or part-year) return and then switch to the other. The letter is linked to the now-deleted form and so shows NOTHING.

What works for me is to delete the letter and then re-install it from the Forms menu with the return open. Then I get proper instructions.

Hope this helps.

Catherine

Hope this helps.

Catherine

Good suggestion, Catherine.

I avoid all (ok, vast majority, as next to the Print Manager, this is a major problem area) client letter problems by adding it to the return as the very last step in processing.