ATX Community

To: Bill (Wisconsin)

BulldogTom

Bill,

I want to start a new thread so it does not get buried.

I just want to make sure I understand your post earlier. You got MAX for $695 plus S&H? Were you on Max last year? Would you mind posting the contents of the e-mail that you got from ATX (hopefully with a salesperson's name)?

That is a huge discount, and if the rest of us can get on that offer, ATX will have a lot of renewals. I have not renewed, but I will for that price.

BTW, ATX cannot stop you from posting that e-mail here - because they don't own the site. Isn't that cool? Maybe they will regret their decision to cancel their board. They could have deleted posts like this in the past.

Tom

Lodi, CA

Bill,

I want to start a new thread so it does not get buried.

I just want to make sure I understand your post earlier. You got MAX for $695 plus S&H? Were you on Max last year? Would you mind posting the contents of the e-mail that you got from ATX (hopefully with a salesperson's name)?

That is a huge discount, and if the rest of us can get on that offer, ATX will have a lot of renewals. I have not renewed, but I will for that price.

BTW, ATX cannot stop you from posting that e-mail here - because they don't own the site. Isn't that cool? Maybe they will regret their decision to cancel their board. They could have deleted posts like this in the past.

Tom

Lodi, CA

That is a good price!! I just renewed (upgraded to Max) for 795 + S&H.

Eli

Sure makes those of us who paid in excess of $1000 to renew Max look like fools..........

Marilyn, I think this was given to those who upgraded from TaxOffice to Max. They had the same promotion last year. If I had chosen to remain with TaxOffice I would only have received a 5% discount on the price of that package. I'm glad I decided to upgrade :-)

Eli

So how does that make it fair, Eli? Most of us upgraded to Max somewhere along the way. In my case, it was because the programs that I was using (Tax Pro and WI Tax Pro) kept getting more expensive to the point where it was less expensive to just go with Max. I never got a several hundred $$$ discount for upgrading. A price is a price, is a price....

So how does that make it fair, Eli? Most of us upgraded to Max somewhere along the way. In my case, it was because the programs that I was using (Tax Pro and WI Tax Pro) kept getting more expensive to the point where it was less expensive to just go with Max. I never got a several hundred $$$ discount for upgrading. A price is a price, is a price....

Sorry, Marilyn I didn't say it was fair. I was just explaining why I thought they had given the discount. If it was up to me, everybody would have the same price (lower of course :-) It seems Bill got an even better price!!

Eli

Bill,

[...]

Yep, you understood correctly. Last year I had 1040 for about $364.50 & PRS for about $165 (the S/H is included in these figures somewhere). I had been seeing emails come in, but anything with CCH on I was just trashing. Got a call from ATX (Bonnie, I think) -- she said the prices were only good that day so she needed an answer right away. Told her that I would sign up as long as I could cancel before tax season -- in case I would actually get the time to test another software (yes, I told her that!).

Knew that too (that ATX cannot stop the posts here) -- which is precisely why I reported my experience. I'm not on this board much as my day-job keeps me quite busy. If I do stick with ATX I'll be here more often then.

Bill