ATX Community

Trust e-file problem

Bob Hoffman

I am getting a rejection notice -1041FD122 - on the e-file of my first trust return. I did not assume there would be any problem. Simply, the EIN and name "control" do not match in the IRS database. This is a first and final filing. I took the name and number right off of the IRS notice of EIN assignment. It matches. Any ideas or thoughts on how to check the information another way?

I am getting a rejection notice -1041FD122 - on the e-file of my first trust return. I did not assume there would be any problem. Simply, the EIN and name "control" do not match in the IRS database. This is a first and final filing. I took the name and number right off of the IRS notice of EIN assignment. It matches. Any ideas or thoughts on how to check the information another way?

When you go online and obtain an EIN, you receive a message telling you not to e-file for two weeks since it takes that long to get the EIN in the data base. I kept getting a rejection for that reason, so the next time I filed for a newly-established Fiduciary, I held off submitting the e-filing for two weeks, and everything went through with no problem.

The name control is usually the first four letters of the last name, so John Smith Estate would have a name control of SMIT. My tax software explains about name controls when I right-click in the space where I enter the name control.