ATX Community

W-7 Rejection!!!

ILLMAS

This past tax season I processed 2 tax return with W-7 applications for dependents, both clients received a letter stating the W-7 were file without the 1040, therefore they were rejected. BS both applications were mailed with all the necessary documentation and the original 1040 with the W-2s. So I wrote a letter and attached copies of everything again, everything was stapled together to make sure the client didn't leave any out of the package, clients recieved the letters about two weeks apart. I got a call for the first client letting me know he already recieved the refund but it seems it didn't include the new dependents, so I called the IRS and yes they accepted the original return but denied the W-7 (different department BS), two weeks later the second client calls me for the same thing. Now both have recieved the same letter stating the W-7's have been rejected because the 1040 was not attached and both recieved a refund already. One client asked me not to follow up with the IRS anymore but the other really needs the additional refund, can someone direct me to a department in the IRS that will be able to resolve this issue?

Thanks

MAS

Call to tax practitioner's hotline would not work. I had same problem when i try to talk to them, they IRS said I cannot represent client's dependent son or daughter since they dont have ITIN. My suggestion, You should fill out new w-7's along with notarized documents and attach a letter explaining the problem, make sure you attach copy of rejection and mail to address listed on that letter, i believe it should have a Texas IRS center address