ATX Community

E-file Payroll Forms

Tax Prep by Deb

I have a Quickbook Payroll subscription that will allow me to e-file my clients payroll tax returns electronically. I've never done this but am thinking very seriously about it as sometimes it's difficult to make connections for paper filing.

Besides registering with e-services and adding business returns to my profile, what form does my client need to sign that will let me file the returns?

I know when another client of mine used one of the other payroll services there was a form they had to sign that allowed the payroll service to act as their agent. Is this what I need or is there another form I need?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Deb!

I have a Quickbook Payroll subscription that will allow me to e-file my clients payroll tax returns electronically. I've never done this but am thinking very seriously about it as sometimes it's difficult to make connections for paper filing.

Besides registering with e-services and adding business returns to my profile, what form does my client need to sign that will let me file the returns?

I know when another client of mine used one of the other payroll services there was a form they had to sign that allowed the payroll service to act as their agent. Is this what I need or is there another form I need?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Deb!

There's a Form 6847 if you want to transmit stuff like w-2's to the SSA. And you have to sign up there, too.

Catherine