ATX Community

PHONEBOT

GeorgeM

The fact that it talks about "your PC and dial-up modem" gives a pretty good hint that it is an old app.

Also, found this in the FAQs.

· Can I use PhoneBot with my ASDL (Alcatel SpeedTouch connection USB modem?

If you have a DSL modem or a cable modem, you must also have an analog voice modem for use with The PhoneBOT. Select the analog modem from the modem selection pane.

· Can the PC automatically wake up answer the caller (record message), send a text message & go back to sleep?

No, The PhoneBOT requires the computer to be active, out of hybernate or suspend mode to function properly. The time required by Windows to "wake up" is to long to accomodate the speed needed for a telephone answering machine.

· I only have SMS and no email on my mobile phone. Can PhoneBot send a SMS instead of email?

The PhoneBOT currently o nly supports email messages sent to mobile phones. Future versions will support true SMS text messages.

· Is PhoneBot right for me if I need calling parties to be able to leave a voicemail even when I am o n another call? Do I accomplish that with call-waiting or some similar service, or can I o nly get that through my local voice provider?

PhoneBOT acts as a standard answering machine and does not allow callers to leave messages if you are on the phone using your dial-up internet connection or otherwise. You should seek an alternate product for this functionality.

On the other hand, it's cheap, and you can test it before you buy.

The PhoneBOT retails for only $19.95!

You can purchase The PhoneBOT only after installing the software. ThePhoneBOT will work in a limited functionality mode until purchased. You will be able to test your modem and computer setup without actually purchasing the product until satisfied it will meet your needs.

Once you are sure ThePhoneBOT will work for you, right click on the PhoneBOT icon and choose Purchase to connect with out secure purchasing agent.