ATX Community

What to do now

cientax

Client got irate with me at one point because he felt that I was working too slow with the OIC paperwork. He wanted to speed things up to get the offer in the system and get it over with. Client owes over $100K and we made an offer and client sent 20% check (about $18K) and now check bounces. What happens now or what do we do now? Does the offier get rejected now and do we have to start all over again? I really don't want to do it all over again and have to deal with him in this again, but then it is that time of year where it is pretty slow around here and I could use the cash and I will bill him again.

Can he make the check good now? If so I would call and replace the check with a cashier's.

Yes we can make the check good and are going to replace it with a cashiers check and a letter from the bank hoping to avoikd having to pay the bounced check penalty. Client was in the process of changing accounts at time check reached the bank. Our concern is whether the OIC will be rejected because of this. Any experience in this matter concerning the OIC and bounced checks?

Call the agent working on the offer. If no one is assigned yet, speak with whomever answers the phone and explain.

and explain to your client that offers take a long time and coordinating all of the necessary paperwork is essential to even getting it considered, much less accepted. If he doesn't appreciate your thoroughness....make sure you bill him for every second you are on hold while you try to straighten HIS mess out.

Who the heck changes banks when they have an 18K check to the IRS outstanding????? And if he did change banks, is the 433-A still up to date?