ATX Community

backup to flash drive

bstaxes

I am having the somewhat the same problem. I am trying to restore the backup and ATX isn't recognizing the F: Drive? What to do?

Sara, instead of using backup and restore, I always use export and import. That always works for me when I am moving files from one computer to another.

If the program does not see your F drive, the problem is not with the program but with the connection to the flash drive. Try clicking on My Computer, and looking to see if the flash drive shows there. If not, you may need to remove it and then plug it in again. If you do see it there, then click on it, and look to see if the ATX backup directory is there. It could be something as simple as you plugged in the wrong flash drive.

If the directory is there, click on it, and you should see the files. If so, you know everything is set there. Go back to the desktop, be sure that you closed the ATX program, and then try again to use the backup/restore utility. When you do, be sure you are using the restore tab [top] and then browse to find the flash drive, and the directory on it.

If that does not work, come back and tell us what happened.