ATX Community

Search returns for form

carolynm

I'm a TX CPA and TX Franchise tax returns are due on Monday. I'd like to make sure I have completed all of my franchise tax filings. Since these forms are in a client atx file for a 1040, a partnership or corporation, I can't at a glance make sure I've completed them all. Is it possible to search returns for all returns containing a certain form, say 05-102 ?

I thought perhaps the box called find at the top of the return manager would work but searching using 05-102 doesn't pull up any -so obviously that doesn't work. Is there a function in the program?

If not I'm going to suggest it! And if it is not there how do you all make sure you get all returns of a certain kind completed if they are not listed separately in the return manager?

Thanks

Carolyn

I'm a TX CPA and TX Franchise tax returns are due on Monday. I'd like to make sure I have completed all of my franchise tax filings. Since these forms are in a client atx file for a 1040, a partnership or corporation, I can't at a glance make sure I've completed them all. Is it possible to search returns for all returns containing a certain form, say 05-102 ?

I thought perhaps the box called find at the top of the return manager would work but searching using 05-102 doesn't pull up any -so obviously that doesn't work. Is there a function in the program?

If not I'm going to suggest it! And if it is not there how do you all make sure you get all returns of a certain kind completed if they are not listed separately in the return manager?

Thanks

Carolyn

Back in September a client of mine that is in Houston called to let me know they were going to cancel his business license because he didn't file a franchise tax return, I called Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts and they guided to file the return online, it was very straight forward and it's file instantly. No payment was due because it was the initial return. If I remember, you need the account # and setup a user, you can also file sales tax return via there webfile. Below is a link to their website:

http://www.window.state.tx.us/taxinfo/taxforms/05-smart.html

MAS

I don't think what you need is in the program, but you could try looking under View, then Advanced Find Criteria, then the tab for Tax Warehouse to see if that form is one of the ones listed under that. I think that the only forms there are federal forms, but I am not sure. For future reference, you can set up a custom field under Return Info and fill that in when you do the franchise tax form so that you can sort returns by that field to see which ones have that done and which do not. Being in Virginia, this particular form is not an issue for me.