ATX Community

ATX Users - CCH & TRX

spiderweb

Folks,

Pardon me for entertaining these thoughts out here but I am compelled by a burning desire to find out what the rest of you think about this:

For those of us who got lucky in pricing with the ATX Software package through TRX, I am curious to know how our business relationship with CCH is going to be this coming Tax season. Do we still get the opportunity to utilize the resources provided by CCH ( myatx web page) or we have to go through TRX for all our solutions?

Does purchasing the package from TRX and not from CCH pose any problems at all in the future for us with CCH?

How is CCH assessing situations from the fact that most of us went through TRX for a much reduced or discounted price?

Will this experience cause them to entertain the idea of discounting prices to what TRX offered to us?

Are we being shunned on by purchasing the software through TRX? Will TRX, going forward keep poaching us their way with whatever package they offer even if it is not ATX in the future? and would CCH allow this to happen if it is going to undercut their ATX bottomline.

I will appreciate your thoughts on these burning issues I have and thank you all in advance for your thoughts and comments.

"For those of us who got lucky in pricing with the ATX Software package through TRX, I am curious to know how our business relationship with CCH is going to be this coming Tax season. Do we still get the opportunity to utilize the resources provided by CCH ( myatx web page) or we have to go through TRX for all our solutions?"

I can't remember the post to give you a quote, but CCH has said and I have confirmed, we will get our support from CCH and have full access, with our CCH ID's and passwords to My ATX and the online research site. As far as this season goes, TRX seems to be completely out of the picture. As to next year, your guess is as good as mine. Probably back to CCH>

QUOTE (kcjenkins @ Oct 6 2009, 03:51 PM)

I did buy the new year's program through TRX. Since CCH has agreed to honor those just as if we bought it from them, I did not have to cancel or do anything at all. Effectively, nothing changed except that I saved $699 on the renewal.

"For those of us who got lucky in pricing with the ATX Software package through TRX, I am curious to know how our business relationship with CCH is going to be this coming Tax season. Do we still get the opportunity to utilize the resources provided by CCH ( myatx web page) or we have to go through TRX for all our solutions?"

I can't remember the post to give you a quote, but CCH has said and I have confirmed, we will get our support from CCH and have full access, with our CCH ID's and passwords to My ATX and the online research site. As far as this season goes, TRX seems to be completely out of the picture. As to next year, your guess is as good as mine. Probably back to CCH>

QUOTE (kcjenkins @ Oct 6 2009, 03:51 PM)

I did buy the new year's program through TRX. Since CCH has agreed to honor those just as if we bought it from them, I did not have to cancel or do anything at all. Effectively, nothing changed except that I saved $699 on the renewal.

I received exactly the same information as kc did, including a phone call to verify the same. The call came from CCH and I made sure of what he was saying.