ATX Community

Intelliconnect - Zillion Forms Is Not The Same

JohnH

Don't know how many on this forum have been using Zillion Forms as a separate package purchased through Kleinrock, but if so then you need to know there's been a huge change. I'm saying this assuming I understood what I was told this morning by customer support and what I've discovered after wasting half the morning fiddling around with the program.

The promo information says IntelliForms from Intelliconnect is "essentially ZillionForms with some enhancements and a new name." and that it will be "almost identical to Zillion Forms". Well, the first "enhancement" I discovered is that it won't bring over employee information from the 2008 W-2 forms. It will import limited basic info for the "Profile" for the employer, but not the indiviudual employee name, ssan, address, etc from the prior year. Anything BUT identical, if my experience is any guide.

If anyone else uses this setup and finds that I'm wrong on this major issue, I'd appreciate your correcting me before I cancel.

Try entering "w2" without a hyphen or space. However, all that comes up is a blank single-screen form, just like the pdf you'd download off the IRS web site. No print options, no Uni-Form selection, and no way to enter data for multiple employees or to save data for future retrieval.

I also loaded an 1120, filled in some info, and then loaded a NC corp form in the same client file. It ran out to the web to retrieve every form, but then didn't autofill the basic info on the state form when it opened.

Looks like a joke to me - maybe I'm missing something...

Additional info if anyone is interested. From what I've been able to determine after several calls to CCH/Kleinrock and ATX, Zillion Forms as we know it is a goner. Despite the hype, Intelliforms has nowhere near the functionality of Zillion Forms. (I would say I'm surprised that their promo material was misleading, but I'd be lying).

If you were using Zillion Forms on a standalone basis, you now have to buy Max in order to get the same functionality. Cost for Max is within $50 of the cost of Zillion Forms plus 1040 Office. So there isn't much price difference, but you can't keep the two separated as neatly (personal tax & business tax), as was possible using the old method.

I have been unable to find out when/if 2009 1099's, 1096's, w-2's, w-3's, etc. are to be available in Intelliforms. I tried through online chat and I received no answer, but they wanted my telephone number so I assumed someone would call me back. That was about 6 hours ago and still no answer. Called in, put on hold, finally hung up. Nothing in the FAQ's.

Has anyone seen a 2009 information return in this program?

You'll need to get your final answer from CCH, but based on what I see, you won't be able to prepare W2, 1099, etc with Intelliforms. All you can do is pull up a pdf of a single form and fill in employer info for a given client. (That's what they call a "Profile'.) You can't enter individual employees' information and print their W-2 forms or store information, unless you want to use it like a typewriter - one employee at a time.

I think you now have to buy Max to get the capabilities which were standard Zillion Forms features in the past. Intelliforms simply does not offer the features which are basic to Zillion Forms - doesn't even come close. Now maybe it has other features which offset this deficiency, but I don't see any. I'm at a loss to understand what there is about Intelliforms that is worth the cost.

If you learn differently, please post here so I won't be giving out wrong info.

Today I received an e-mail from a company called EfileMyForms.com that allows allows you to e-file and print all your 1098, 1098-T, 1099-DIV, 1099-INT, 1099-A, 1099-B, 1099-C, 1099-OID, 1099-LTC, 1099-MISC, 1099-R, 1099-S, 5498, W-2, W-2G and 1042-S forms online.

You might check them out before upgrading to Max.

I know nothing else about this company but the website is informative.

Try contacting your rep. I called and expressed my displeasure with the IntelliForms product. I really only used Zillion Forms to do 1099s and W-2s, so the new product is really worthless to me.

My rep indicated that they were aware of the problem, and they have a special deal this year, at least for Total Kleinrock Office subscribers. They were supposed to do a mass mailing about this, but I haven't seen it. If you buy the ATX W-2 and 1099 program, Kleinrock will refund the cost to you. I did do that, and just received the software. Haven't seen the refund of my cost yet, but I'm sure it will be coming. It is supposed to integrate with Zillion Forms, so your client data is supposed to pull over from the 2008 program. I'll find out later today when I install it.

I decided to go a different route and just switch to Max because I use several other features of Zillion Forms in addition to W2/1099 prep. I prefer keeping the two modules separate, but I'll get used to it.

On the bright side, the initial download & updates went fine (I didn't wait for the CD, just downloaded straight from the web site). Whenever you choose rollover, Max will automatically look in "1040 Office", so it's necessary to use the "Browse" button to make it look in Zillion Forms for rolling over business clients. Once you've done it a couple of times it's no big deal.

Just got off the phone with CCH (after being on hold for almost an hour) and the tech put two new files in my Intelliforms directory. I now have 2009 w-2's, etc. and hopefully they will print as they have in the past!

Thought I'd let you all know.

Good luck during tax season!