ATX Community

Schedule D Bug

PaulH

When I try to paste a column of transactions (e.g., Sales Prices) from Excel to the Schedule D Detail sheet, only every other transaction is pasted. If I unprotect the form, every other row is hidden. I assume the missing transactions are going into the hidden rows, but they don't show up in the totals either. This worked fine last year, and I use it a lot. Am I missing something?

Also, is there a way to report bugs to ATX other than an email to customer service? I seem to remember a bug reporting process in previous years that I can no longer find.

Paul

When I try to paste a column of transactions (e.g., Sales Prices) from Excel to the Schedule D Detail sheet, only every other transaction is pasted. If I unprotect the form, every other row is hidden. I assume the missing transactions are going into the hidden rows, but they don't show up in the totals either. This worked fine last year, and I use it a lot. Am I missing something?

Also, is there a way to report bugs to ATX other than an email to customer service? I seem to remember a bug reporting process in previous years that I can no longer find.

Paul

Oooh -- that one is nasty! Unprotecting the form and then pasting saved my behind a couple of times last year with day-trader clients. I thought there was supposed to be an Excel import for Sch. D this year but I haven't looked at it yet.

ATX responded to my email to customer services, saying it is no longer be possible to copy from Excel and paste to Schedule D. However, a soon-to-be-released update will allow us to import a CSV file (which can be easily created from an Excel file) to Schedule D.

Paul

ATX responded to my email to customer services, saying it is no longer be possible to copy from Excel and paste to Schedule D. However, a soon-to-be-released update will allow us to import a CSV file (which can be easily created from an Excel file) to Schedule D.

Paul

Thanks for TWO pieces of info -- one on the import of csv files, and the other that CCH is actually responding (at least for now) to emailed support requests!

• 2 weeks later...

Paul

Go to MyATX and look on the left side of the screen for the "Suggestion Box". That is what I sometimes use to report a bug. Although the E-Mail Customer Service usually works just fine.

jasdlm,

It works for me. You do need a properly formatted CSV file, and to follow the 3 steps carefully. For example, which field did you map your quantities to? I mapped quantities to "Omit Column" (in the column header dropdown box), since they aren't very useful as "Description".