ATX Community

941's W-3 and 1096 efile

ILLMAS

First of all, Happy Year to all!!! I know many accountants/tax preparers are efiling their clients 941's, W-3, W-2, 1096 and 1099 etc.... I haven't efiled any of these types of return before, I usually prepare paper returns, this year I would like to start doing so. What are the pros and cons of efiling payroll forms and do I need start efiling. I have have a EFIN already, since I efile tax return using ATX, but I also use quickbooks and just recently Medillin, I really don't mind using ATX if it can do it all.

Thanks

941's, W-3, W-2, 1096 and 1099

MAS-

1096 and 1099 just e-file through ATX like any return...no need to do anything additional.

W-2 and W-3 - look for the ATX payroll reporting guide on their website. It gives a good description. I think you need to register with the SSA to be able to upload W-2s. E-file is not provided by ATX as its through the SSA, not IRS.

94X - need to determine if you want to be an agent or get 10 digit PINs for your clients. Look this up on ATX as well.

Hope this helps,

Julie