ATX Community

Can't Efile

Granny Coral

I have 8 ready to eFile but when I click on transmit I get an Error message saying Failed to connect with EFC server. Have tried ever since the morning of the 15th. Guess I need to call Customer service. Worked fine last year but got a new computer and that may be my problem.

Sounds like a connectivity problem. Check you internet connection on computer and make sure you have updated your program to lastest update.

Sounds like a connectivity problem. Check you internet connection on computer and make sure you have updated your program to lastest update.

Many thanks to all of you. I have not as yet solved the problem but am now sure it has something to do with the firewall/router/connectivity setup on my new computer with a networking to my old computer. Have a call into my trusty computer nerd to come make some adjustments. (His 1040 is one of those waiting to be eFiled, so expect he will not delay.)

We've had all kinds of firewall issues here lately. My firewall took a snit at something and decided to ban ALL outgoing and incoming messages from several programs, and would not let me manually release them. In the end, I had to uninstall and reinstall the firewall and that seems to have worked. My daughter's computer just did the same thing a couple days ago and the same solution -- uninstall/reinstall -- was needed. Two different firewall programs, to boot.

Go figure.

The better our computers get, the more complex they get, and thus the more problems may pop up. It's a trade-off for all the nice new bells and whistles, I guess.

Of course, sometimes it's just that the servers are getting flooded, and you just can not get through. I had to try 6 times to get in, but them everything went fine on that 6th try.