ATX Community

Signature on 8879 for Practitioner

mcb39

Have noticed that the ERO signature on the 8879 is not filling in as it has done in the past couple of years. I am not too lazy to sign it, but just wondered if I didn't check something that I was supposed to. I see that the program is a lot fussier in several areas and is making us check boxes for Direct Deposit, etc; which we haven't had to do before. This is good IMO because it makes us stop and think about asking the client whether the money still goes to the same account. Just curious.

Have noticed that the ERO signature on the 8879 is not filling in as it has done in the past couple of years. I am not too lazy to sign it, but just wondered if I didn't check something that I was supposed to. I see that the program is a lot fussier in several areas and is making us check boxes for Direct Deposit, etc; which we haven't had to do before. This is good IMO because it makes us stop and think about asking the client whether the money still goes to the same account. Just curious.

mcb39, you are not alone. I noticed that the ERO's signature line on the 8879 is not being automatically

filled in as well.

Booger

Did my first return today and signature went to all correct places including the 8879. Best to wait at least a week to start preparing returns. Too many glitches occur right at the start. No RALS FEE COLLECTS or other problems just do the return and collect the fee. Sometimes have to wait til client gets their refund to be paid but usually all of them pay within 2-3 weeks.

On the 2 returns that I rolled over earlier, the signature did not appear on the 8879; even after I deleted the form, then added back. I just rolled over another return, and, the signature IS on the 8879. Have no idea what the problem is. It seems that if the form needed an update, deleting and readding would have done the trick, but, it didn't. So, am hoping that all future rollovers will not be a problem.

Diane

On the 2 returns that I rolled over earlier, the signature did not appear on the 8879; even after I deleted the form, then added back. I just rolled over another return, and, the signature IS on the 8879. Have no idea what the problem is. It seems that if the form needed an update, deleting and readding would have done the trick, but, it didn't. So, am hoping that all future rollovers will not be a problem.

Diane

If the form was already in an active return, it will not automatically update. The return needs to be closed in order for it to update. One of the updates did fix this problem.