ATX Community

CLIENT LETTER

SUE A.

THE LETTER KEEPS CHANGING. IT WILL NOT HAVE STATE ON AT ALL OR THE STATE WILL SAY ITS BEING MAILED WHEN IT WAS EFILED. ALSO THE I/ME OPTION CHANGES BACK TO WE/US. AND I HAVE TO ADD THE PRIVACY STATEMENT. ALL OF MY SETTINGS FOR THE CLIENT LETTER REVERT BACK. YESTERDAY I RESET AND IT WORKED ALL DAY BUT TODAY WHEN I STARTED IT WAS ALL MESSED UP AGAIN. THANKS FOR ALL YOUR INPUT. SUE

I can't imagine you'll get this fixed without numerous calls to tech support.

If you can get it to work correctly, go to C:\Program Files\ATX2009\Years\2009\Masters\Modified and save a backup copy of FED_LTR.vtd & ZZST_LTR.vtd somewhere such as My Documents. Save a new copy anytime you modify the master. Then if the program reverts to the unmodified version, you can just copy & past back into the Modified folder.

>>If you can get it to work correctly, go to C:\Program Files\ATX2009\Years\2009\Masters\Modified and save a backup copy of FED_LTR.vtd & ZZST_LTR.vtd somewhere such as My Documents. Save a new copy anytime you modify the master. Then if the program reverts to the unmodified version, you can just copy & past back into the Modified folder.<<

Great idea. Never thought about that. Thanks

I can't imagine you'll get this fixed without numerous calls to tech support.

If you can get it to work correctly, go to C:\Program Files\ATX2009\Years\2009\Masters\Modified and save a backup copy of FED_LTR.vtd & ZZST_LTR.vtd somewhere such as My Documents. Save a new copy anytime you modify the master. Then if the program reverts to the unmodified version, you can just copy & past back into the Modified folder.

Will that work to import modified forms (that don't have calculations) from the 2008 program? I made many modifications to letters etc in the 2008 program and it would be nice just to import them instead of making all the changes again.

Will that work to import modified forms (that don't have calculations) from the 2008 program? I made many modifications to letters etc in the 2008 program and it would be nice just to import them instead of making all the changes again.
It wouldn't be hard to determine. Make a modification to the master copies of the letters in 2009. Create a backup copy of those two files. Copy the FED_LTR.vtd & ZZST_LTR.vtd file from 2008 into the 2009 Master folder. Open the 2009 program. Create a new return or open one w/o letters. Create letters for that client. See if it has the same modifications as 2008. I'm assuming it won't work, but easy enough to try.

I am having to reset my client letter after each return. I am using the wizard, am I missing something else? Never had this problem in past years. Thank you from Sue in IL.

In return manager, Forms, Customize...,type "letter" under find. Open client letter and run wizard. When finished, save and close it out. Do the same for state letter. Now when you open your letters in the individual returns, they should open as you have saved them. There may be a few adjustments that you will need to make to the letter after you see it in action, so you just need to go back to the master and adjust accordingly.

Hope that helps.