ATX Community

2007 Tax Organizer

TAXBILLY

Marilyn,

I like the idea that ATX updates forms and program when they see a need to do so-even after an archive disk.

Wayne

Wayne, I like it too; just feel sorry for the folks who think the archive disk is the final wrapup for the year. Believe it or not, I know people out there who are excellent tax preparers and very knowledgeable about tax law; but know next to nothing about computers, downloading, Community forums,; etc. A very good friend of mine who also uses ATX wouldn't have a clue what I was talking about if I tried to tell her. (I would not try to tell her). She was preparing tax returns on Turbo Tax long before I ever knew how to turn on a computer. BUT, that is as far as it ever went for her. Turn it on; access the program and proceed with the knowledge that you have. She has been in the business a good long time and is successful enough to have 2 employees to help her out. Many years ago I was one of her employees. It is unfortunate, but true and one just has to wonder how many others there are out there.

I think one reason for the late update is that the Organizer is one of the late forms, itself, which generally, we are not using until now or even later. I know I send the ones I do send out in Jan, so that they will not get lost in the Christmas mail glut, or 'put in a safe place for later', never to be found again.