ATX Community

Efile Rejecting Sch SE - Exemp (notary fees)

ldreyna

I've efiled twice now and got the same rejection on my return:

>>1040D35 Field Sequence Number At least one or more numbers are invalid or out of order.

Form SCH SE1040 Occurrence: 1 Seq: 60

The Field Sequence Numbers within each record must be in ascending order and must be valid for that record.<<

I put in my notary fees by bunny jump on line 3 and entering amount on line 4 in worksheet. It subtracted right on Sch SE and amount is shown on dotted line - so what am I doing wrong? Every year, Ive done it this way. Is it maybe a glitch in the software?

If anyone knows of a fix, please respond. Thanks.

Larry

Look at page SE-3 on innstructions, under Income and Losses Not included in Net Earnings From Self Employment.

This is what I have done for years on my return, so it is correct. So why is it being rejected this year when I efile my return (reject error on 1st post)from agency?

I still want to beleive that this is ATX software problem, but I am not a tech. guy so I may be wrong. Can anyone tell me how to correct this?

Thanks,

Larry

Look at page SE-3 on innstructions, under Income and Losses Not included in Net Earnings From Self Employment.

This is what I have done for years on my return, so it is correct. So why is it being rejected this year when I efile my return (reject error on 1st post)from agency?

I still want to beleive that this is ATX software problem, but I am not a tech. guy so I may be wrong. Can anyone tell me how to correct this?

Thanks,

Larry

Larry,

I had the same issue this year. IRS said it was a technical issue with the software. I finally gave up & efiled it without the exempt income. I told the client I would amend her return at a later date. I spent at least 3 hours total on hold & talking to techs at ATX with no luck.

Eli

Larry,

I had the same issue this year. IRS said it was a technical issue with the software. I finally gave up & efiled it without the exempt income. I told the client I would amend her return at a later date. I spent at least 3 hours total on hold & talking to techs at ATX with no luck.

Eli

if you are spending so much time with a minor issue like this and hours on hold, why not just paper file instead of filing and planning to amend later on? What am i missing? If i get a return rejected and i can't fix it in 1-2 tries i paper file it. [of course if you do dozens of these returns you might want to get the efile working but why waste so much time on one return?]

if you are spending so much time with a minor issue like this and hours on hold, why not just paper file instead of filing and planning to amend later on? What am i missing? If i get a return rejected and i can't fix it in 1-2 tries i paper file it. [of course if you do dozens of these returns you might want to get the efile working but why waste so much time on one return?]

Maybe it's because I don't have as many returns as you do & are not as busy. Maybe it's because I want to do the best I can for my client.

Eli

my post isn't a critism of you or your doing the best for your clients. i am truly curious, maybe since its only my second year of efiling but i do not understand why it is so important to get an efile accepted. even here in NY where it is mandatory, i just tell the client that the efile isn't going through and have then sign an opt-out form. I see people here posting about the same return for 3 days, in my mind they could have paper filed it already and the refund would be that much sooner.