ATX Community

Making Work Pay Credit

Janitor Bob

Client cannot remember if they received $250.00. The phone number to call suggested by Sch M do not seem to relate to my client. He received a 1099-R from Ohio Public Employee Retirement System (Ohio PERS)....Would he have received the $250.00? Does anybody know what number he should call?

We have quit asking. Claim they have received the payment on their return. Then if it is rejected, they love me when I call and tell them they are getting $250 more.

People never change, and always take the path of least resistance.

If the information DOES NOT MATCH IRS RECORDS, the e-file gets rejected.

We (I) have experienced all 4 possible rejection scenarios with this form. Our firm has done 500+ returns to date this tax year. I am in charge of the e-file and "fixing" the problems when they arise. We have 7 preparers in our office.

There is no "250" coming from any state.

The $250 is determined on Schedule M for those who are not in the social security system and receive a government (Federal or State) pension.

taxbilly

Thanks, Taxbilly,

I have a client who is employed but gets a survivor death benefit from his mother's pers. Calling him isn't an option because he's deaf and I have to call where he works so the office personnel can contact him and have him come back to see me. This is a whole lot easier.

AnnieR

BTW, IT'S SNOWING AGAIN!!! THERE IS SO MUCH SNOW IN THE DOG PEN THAT MY LITTLE DOG CAN CLIMB OUT, AND IT'S A 36"

FENCE!