ATX Community

Schedule M reject

neilbrink

I have a client who is on SS diasability because he is blind. His wife works and they qualify for the $800 joint economic recovery credit. I completed the Schedule M and indicated that he had received the $250 stimulus amount from SS (he also remembered receiving it). The efile was rejected because the "..payments received does not match IRS records." I then resent it showing 0 received for the stimulus amount, and it was rejected again for the same reason. Does anyone have any insight as to what is going on? Thanks. Neil

I had one today where the taxpayer had failed to mention that he received veteran's disability. Didn't even know he got the $250 till I called him this morning. Looked at bank statement, and lo and behold!

Another one where the spouse had received SS benefits and never told me. Ever. (You know, I'm 63, and my SS benefits are none of your business, if I tell you, they'll be taxable.)

Anyhow, no rejects till today, and then TWO of the suckers! Double whammy.

But enough about me. Could the spouse have received SS benefits and neglected to tell you? Or, even veteran's disability?

I submitted the return showing $250 payments for both him and his wife even though his wife does not receive SS disability benefits, and it was accepted by IRS. The only other senario is that his listed dependent son also receives SS disability benefits because of Dad, and that perhaps he received the $250. Any thoughts?

I submitted the return showing $250 payments for both him and his wife even though his wife does not receive SS disability benefits, and it was accepted by IRS. The only other senario is that his listed dependent son also receives SS disability benefits because of Dad, and that perhaps he received the $250. Any thoughts?

I thought dependents were not supposed to get the 250